- Job Level:
Support Financial Planning and Analysis activities in support of the Company. Helps to develop annual business plan, analyzes and monitors sales, gross margins, and operating expenses. Provides various sales reports, variance analyses, and forecasting reports to Department Managers. Provides Marketing with impactful reporting and analysis to support their product lines. Monitors and analyzes SG&A activity and provides various SG&A reports, variance analysis, and forecasting reports to department managers. Supports analysis of Other Cost of Goods categories such as freight, royalties and inventory variances. Assists accounting staff as needed.
- Support the development of Annual Plan Consolidation & Reporting and monthly forecasting; analyze Sales, Margins, Operating expenses, and Operating Profit for the Company.
- Assist with audit processes and procedures, identify issues and make recommendations.
- Analyze Business Unit P&L’s through online (Hyperion) and offline (Excel) systems.
- Support the monthly close process and analyze Cost of Goods Sold and SG&A sections of the Business Unit P&L.
- Prepare Management Reports including variance to plan and Year-to-Year bridge analysis & provide commentary along with analysis of risks & opportunities.
- Assist in developing Business Unit Annual Plan and 5-Year Strategic Plan models.
- Develop sales and management reports, as appropriate for analyzing Business needs.
- Partner with Business Unit teams to ensure alignment of demand forecasts with financial plan and assess impact of variances.
- Identify and resolve variances between general ledger and various sub systems.
- Assist with creating and monitoring Standard Operation Procedures.
- Assist with quarterly & year-end audits by working closely with auditors and supplying information as requested.
- Maintain and help improve financial communication with parent company.
- Prepares closing journal entries.
- Assist in other general accounting and finance projects as requested.
Requires a BS degree in a financial discipline, coupled with 5+ years in Accounting or Finance experience.
Experience & Skills Required
- Must be highly motivated, confident individual who can handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication (oral and written) skills.
- Able to work autonomously and within a team; can partner with associates at all levels of the organization and build genuine trusting relationships.
- Possesses strong financial, analytical and critical thinking skills, intellectual curiosity, a keen focus on details but also understands the big picture.
- Desire to take on difficult challenges and find creative solutions.
- Ability to perform accurately under the pressure of time constraints.
- Can effectively create and present financial information and respond to questions from senior management.
- Must have Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, Vlookup functions).
- Strong understanding of overall ERP systems and standard operating procedures.
- Strong IT understanding of systems and processes.
- Creativity and initiative is required.
- Experience with sales reporting systems
- Prior experience with ERP (e.g., SAP), Business Intelligence reporting and Hyperion is preferred.