- Job Level:
$95,000.00 - 100,000.00
Provides admissions & annual physicals for outpatient chemical dependency program. Provides ongoing evaluation and intervention to clients as needed. Participates in interdisciplinary team discussions.
Our client is a non-profit organization providing a complete range of treatments for opioids and other substance use disorders for New Yorkers living with addiction.
- Collects medical history at admission and performs annual physical examinations.
- Orders all required laboratory tests and other medical procedures and reviews results.
- Presents findings to physician for final admission diagnosis*. (*The determination of a two-year history of narcotic dependence and current physiological addiction must be made by a licensed physician. The final decision to accept a client for methadone treatment must be made and recorded in the client’s clinical record by a licensed staff physician.)
- Updates immunizations such as tetanus and influenza.
- Applies and interprets tuberculosis skin tests.
- Draws blood for admissions, annual evaluations and other tests as indicated.
Graduate of a Physician's Assistant Program.
Bachelor’s Degree (BS) from a four-year college or university.
Experience & Skills Required
At least 1 year’s related experience and/or training as a Physician Assistant preferred.
Open to new graduates.
New York State Physician Assistant License
RPA license in the State of New York
Generous time off that includes 4 weeks of vacation.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Discounted Commuter benefits
Life insurance & Long term disability
Eligible for Federal Student Loan Repayment Program