The Facilities Maintenance Specialist will report directly to the Facility Supervisor and is responsible for coordinating facility improvements and repairs as well as overseeing the mail room, shipping, and receiving packages at U.S. Headquarters (corporate office and associated laboratory).
- Responsible for working with the Facilities Supervisor to maintain and monitor the building, associated utilities and grounds.
- Responsible for maintaining the mail room, shipping, and receiving packages.
- Perform routine maintenance and minor repairs/ tasks, including but not limited to lifting and moving materials, painting, plumbing, replacing light fixtures, carpentry, and other related maintenance activities using hand tools.
- Coordinate major facility improvement repairs with third party vendors and assist to source necessary supplies.
- Conduct routine life safety code inspections (Exit sign, emergency light, fire extinguisher, etc.)
- Responsible for maintaining stock room and material utilization.
- Responsible for periodic shipment of laboratory materials and maintaining shipment log.
- Utilize proper personnel protective equipment (PPE) and must follow all health, safety and environmental (HSE) policies, procedures, and practices.
- Available for emergency on call duties as required or assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.