West Palm Bch, FL
- Job Level:
$65,000 - $70,000
Our well-known, non-profit client has an immediate opening for a Staff Accountant to ensure timely and accurate reporting and recording of grant revenues and receivable accounting. This position requires thorough understanding of grant revenue recognition from restricted government and private funders.
- Manage monthly recording of all grant revenue and receivables
- Perform grant-related post-award functions, including invoice tracking, financial reporting, reconciliations, year-end accruals, and grant closeout functions
- Review invoices and provide general ledger program codes, when appropriate, for proper accounting
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports on grants for internal management purposes.
- Coordinate with the appropriate staff within the General Accounting unit to prepare monthly, quarterly and annual journal entries to ensure timely and accurate recording of grant revenues.
- Maintain and review grants revenue and receivable schedules for all contracts including public and private funds
- Serve as an internal liaison between General Accounting and Grants and Contracts Unit within the Finance team to assist with overall grant compliance
Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related
Experience & Skills Required
- 3-5 years of related experience in accounts receivable, government grants management, and/or non-profit accounting
- Advance Excel skills and ability to analyze large volumes of data
- Experience with Financial Edge a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Extremely organized and ability to respond to internal and external requests
- Understand General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Salary $65-$70K and very rich benefits and PTO Package.