Our client, a leading supplier of machinery and services to the packaging industry, is currently seeking a Field Service Technician to join their team.
- The position provides timely and efficient machine repair, installation, upgrade, and training services for customers as our front-line representative.
- In order to strengthen our competitive position in the customer’s plant, the Field Service Technician is expected to provide valuable business updates to support new selling opportunities.
- The Field Service Technician (FST) is the front-line representative and the backbone of an extensive support network of personnel and assets, worldwide.
- This trusted advisor is the key customer representative, responsible for confirming, clarifying and meeting the customer’s expectations at every stage of contact and on every service project.
- This FST provides repair, installation, troubleshooting, customer education and general support for machinery installed at customer facilities throughout North America.
- The Field Service Technician possesses a strong background in the principals of basic mechanical and/or electrical systems. He/she thinks logically and enjoys solving problems with creativity, diligence, and achievement.
- Just as important, the Field Service Technician is attentive to the after-service paperwork necessary to update technical specialists as well as establish proper billing, credits, and reimbursements for travel-related expenses.
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum of 5 years of related technical experience, in a similar role, within the printing and converting equipment industry.
- Candidates are required to have acceptable levels of mechanical and/or electrical operating machine experience
- Computer literacy is highly valued
- Repair of 3 phase motors, pumps and vacuums and ability to read schematic diagrams, motor control circuits and experience with PLC is highly preferred.