We are currently seeking entry to junior level Laboratory Technicians for our client’s wet laboratory. This position will be responsible for routine lab techniques and support of senior staff. The successful candidate should have excellent documentation skills, attention to detail and be a successful multi-tasker.
Lab Technicians will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Follow assigned formula to prepare stock reagents
- Weigh chemical material using an analytical balance
- Accurately measure and dilute solutions as required
- Be familiar and able to accurately calculate solution concentration (ppm, ppb, molarity, normality, % volume)
- Glassware preparation/cleaning and general lab maintenance
- Maintain inventory of raw materials and chemicals, ensure safe storage of chemicals
- Stock supplies and label containers of raw materials
- Perform equipment and temperature verifications and log daily, ensure proper working condition and cleanliness of equipment.
- Appropriately dispose of laboratory solid and liquid wastes in accordance with internal policy and Federal, State and local regulations.
- Maintain clean and safe work area, and adheres to safety regulations and procedures, understanding the hazards of handling the various chemicals.
Experience & Skills Required
- AS degree or some college level laboratory course or 1 year of related lab experience
- Excellent math skills and ability to calculate solution concentrations
- Excellent documentation skills, strong attention to detail and computer abilities
- Ability to understand the importance of chemical handling safety, and adhere to safety regulations, guidelines, and procedures.