- Job Level:
Our client is currently seeking a Field Service Technician to perform both complex and basic on-site customer support activities involving the installation, service, repair, hardware integration, hardware and software upgrades, support, troubleshooting, and training on products at customer sites in a timely and cost effective manner. The Service Technician will be responsible for instructing customers in the operation and maintenance of the systems and serve as a company expert with customers on administrative and technical matters. The ideal candidate will always conduct business in a professional manner with a focus on building customer relationships.
Our client is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. As a member of their organization, you have the opportunity to participate and succeed in a global, world-class business environment and play an important role in their growth and success.
- Travel extensively, Monday through Friday, via plane, automobile or other means of transportation.
- Occasional work/travel on weekends. Conduct on-site installation of complex products and follow testing procedures to ensure proper working order.
- Write new (and make recommendations on improving) existing testing, maintenance, and training procedures. Perform remote support as required for customers and service engineers.
- Takeover and solving of escalated issues from service engineers Check out and approve operational quality of products. Isolate equipment start-up malfunctions and take corrective action.
- Answer complex technical questions on equipment and work with customers to troubleshoot problems. Work with In-House Tech Support and Manufacturing groups for corrective action and resolution.
- Make recommended design changes. Recognize areas that could benefit from, and then prepare, in writing, recommendations. Represent the company in dealings with the customer and is responsible for customer satisfaction.
- May oversee all service activities for a specific customer. Prepare daily logs and report of work performed. Prepare and submit expense and service reports ideally within 48 hours of completion of the service visit, but under no circumstances later than the morning of the first business day of the following week.
AS degree in a technical field or equivalent experience, BS degree preferred
Experience & Skills Required
- 5-7 years of hands-on field service experience
- Demonstrated competency and high level of understanding of control system electronics and high voltage power supplies (RF, DC, and microwave)
- Demonstrated competency and high level of understanding of vacuum systems, metallurgy, physics, and chemistry (preferred). Competency in use of basic hand tools
- Excellent customer relations and organizational skills required
- Above average computer skills, knowledge of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other similar software packages.
- Required to be proficient in speaking and writing the English language, and must be able to effectively communicate with a variety of audiences. Must be resourceful and maintain composure during all situations.
- Ability to be autonomous is mandatory.
- Will serve as ambassador to all clients.