Manager Of Trusts And Estates
- Job Level:
We are currently seeking someone to fulfill the opening of a Manager of Trusts and Estates for an accounting firm.
Our client, a regional accounting firm, is a corporation based on the belief that a personal touch with a client is the best way to conduct business. As an employee for our client, you will be part of a team that goes above and beyond to bring the human side to their professional relationships.
- Prepare and review complex fiduciary income tax returns, gift tax returns, estate taxes and various other tax returns.
- Conduct complex tax research projects for high net worth clients.
- Provide tax compliance, tax planning, and estate planning services for high net worth clients.
- Provide high level personal financial and estate planning services.
- Organize trust and estate financial data and communicate summary for client advisory decision-making purposes.
- Conduct appropriate and applicable research regarding tax issues to ensure accuracy and implementation of specific tax law and provide guidance to clients and/or suggest alternatives.
- Assist staff with correcting complex errors on tax forms.
- Remain familiar with IRS guidelines and accounting principles.
- Oversee various tax audits as necessary.
- Interact with IRS and state tax agencies to address inquiries.
- Manage daily client workflow and multiple client projects at any given time.
- Complete assignments within timeline and budget.
- Form ‘Trusted Advisor’ relationship with clients, primary specialty area focused.
- Hold meetings with clients to discuss strategy and recommendations.
- Regularly and proactively correspond with clients regarding the status of projects.
- Proactively identify areas to help clients and upsell firm services to clients as applicable.
- Oversee client engagements.
- Seek ways to motivate staff and encourage growth.
- Assist staff with development of staff interests, specialties, and strengths.
- Oversee delegation of work to staff to ensure non-productive time is minimized and excessive overtime mitigated.
- Keeps partner informed of all important developments on engagement, analyzes problems and recommends solutions.
- Works closely with Partners to satisfy the needs with planning compliance.
- Monitor project profitability.
- Focus on meeting or exceeding target statements.
- Review correspondence to client for approval and signature of a partner.
- Travel roughly 15-25%. Geographic area primarily limited to Tri-State area.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Master’s degree in accounting or taxation or related field.
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum 10 year’s tax and management experience required.
- Experience with tax advisory and estate planning, estate and trust administration (including probate filings and probate accounting).
- Experience providing services to private foundations, estates, and small partnerships.
- Proficiency in use of computers, including use of Microsoft Excel.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to confidential information.
- Ability to meet time constraints and client deadlines.
- Ability to work heavy overtime from January to April 15 (may be in excess of 55 hours per week).
- Occasional overtime work required throughout the year.
CPA certified or equivalent.